What is the Skype for Business Web Scheduler?
A little known feature of Skype for Business is the Web Scheduler, Skype for Business Web Scheduler is a web-based program that you can use to create Skype Meetings if you don’t have Outlook, or don't have a browser that supports Outlook Web App. With Skype for Business Web Scheduler, you can create new meetings, change your existing meetings, and send invitations with your favorite email program.
Create a Skype Meeting
- Enter an Event title for your meeting.
- You can leave the meeting location as Skype Call, or add a location, such as a conference room, if you have in-person attendees as well.
- Enter meeting details in the Message box, and set the Start and End date and time.
- Under Who will bypass the lobby and Who is a presenter, do one of the following:
Accept the standard settings, which are best for small working meetings with people inside your organization.
- Choose other lobby or presenter options depending on the type of meeting you want to schedule.
- Under Attendees and Audio, add the attendees’ names or email addresses, separated by semicolons (;).
- Select Save.
Join a Skype for Business Meeting
Open the email meeting request and select the meeting link.
- Open Skype for Business Web Scheduler, select the meeting you want from the list on the left, and then select Join in the meeting summary pane.
View, edit, or delete an existing meeting
Select Edit or Delete in the meeting summary pane.
- Meeting details with Edit button highlighted
IMPORTANT Skype for Business Web Scheduler doesn’t update your calendar automatically, so participants must be informed of every change you make.