Domain

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rob, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Rob Guest

If i register a .net domainis there a way i can stop people seeing my house address on a whois search or is it just best to make up an address????
  2. BurningSnowman Moderator

Making up an address is certainly not a good idea. That's the sort of thing that can get your domain suspended by the registry, the good folks at the lowest level.
    You can, however, use the contact details of Hosting Unlimited in place of your own. They've said this is fine by them, comes within the rules of the domains, and means you can avoid telling everyone your address.
  3. Rob Guest

Cheers
  4. Unregistered Guest

hi. im in the same problem. is the address you use this one?

Goltho Grange
    Goltho
    Market Rasen
    Lincolnshire
    United Kingdom
    LN8 5JD

Lisa x
  5. Unregistered Guest

oh, and one more thing. do i have to use my real tel. no?
  6. Barry Moderator

You can use both our address and phone number for the domain details :)
  7. Unregistered Guest

thanks very much! :)
  8. Unregistered Guest

and just one more thing... sorry! i put this info in the domain contact info bit but put my real details in the domain billing info bit. is that right?
  9. BurningSnowman Moderator

If you do that, people will be able to see your real details too, as both sets of data are displayed in the WHOIS details.

You can legitimately put HU's details for all parts of your WHOIS information (although using your own e-mail address is advisable). Obviously though, you'll need to use your own details for your main account on HU-domains or with Hosting-Unlimited.
  10. smeepee New Member

ok, well thanks for the reply! thing is i already did it now! is there anyway i can change it? thanks... ps i can be a bit thick at these things so speak is basic as possible! lol
  11. BurningSnowman Moderator

If the domain were registered with HU's domains site (which it now sounds like it isn't) you could change the details from there. If it's your main account domain (which it now sounds like it is) you should be able to do it from the payments/billing system. Log in with the e-mail address you signed up with, then go to My sites > Domains > (your domain) > Modify Contact Info. :)
  12. smeepee New Member

Thanks very much! All sorted!
  13. BurningSnowman Moderator

No problem. :)